- Collect copies of the draft manuscripts in your session from the chair by May 15, 2015.
- Obtain copies of the final papers in your session well before the meeting.
- Familiarize yourself with the papers and prepare your discussion.
- Send the session chair a brief biographical sketch of yourself.
- Prepare about 10 minutes of discussion and reserve the remainder of your time for impromptu reactions to the presentation.
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Check in with the chair.
- Introduce yourself to the other participants.
- Confirm the time available for your remarks with the chair.
- Check in at the JSM Speaker Management Room at least four hours prior to your session.
- Begin discussion of the paper(s) to stimulate the audience and clarify the authors' points.
- Prepare a question for each speaker to help if the discussion begins to lag.