If you are interested in chairing a session, please contact the member of the program committee chairing the section/society that is of interest to you.
- Advise presenters and discussants to follow the participation guidelines.
- Collect draft manuscripts from all presenters in your session by May 15, 2015.
- Obtain a biographical sketch of all participants and prepare a brief introduction for each.
- Contact the ASA Meetings Department at email@example.com if you have changes to presenters or their contact information.
Before the Session
- Check the JSM Cyber Center for any late messages about your session and/or presenters.
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Check the condition of your meeting room, especially equipment and how/if the microphone(s) work. If assistance is needed, alert the AV technicians via the in-room system.
- Verify speakers' names (pronunciation), titles, and affiliations.
- Check the program changes document for any last-minute changes.
During the Session
- Announce any changes in the program changes document.
- Start on time.
- Keep introductions brief.
- Insist that all speakers use the microphone.
- Make sure presenters do not block the view of the screen.
- Hold each speaker to the allotted time as printed in the program.
- Remind speakers about their remaining time (e.g., prepare flash cards for five (5) minutes and one (1) minute remaining).
- If a presenter ends early or does not attend, use that extra time for questions and comments. Do not start the next paper early.
- Stop the presentation of any speaker who does not adhere to the statistical subject of their paper.
- Keep questions brief and relevant. Restate questions to be sure they are heard by everyone.
- End on time.
- Complete a Chair Report Form.