JSM (the Joint Statistical Meetings) is the largest gathering of statisticians and data scientists held in North America. It is held jointly with the:
- *American Statistical Association
- *International Biometric Society (ENAR and WNAR)
- *Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- *Statistical Society of Canada
- International Chinese Statistical Association
- International Indian Statistical Association
- Korean International Statistical Society
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis
- Royal Statistical Society
- International Statistical Institute
It is also one of the broadest, with topics ranging from statistical applications to methodology and theory to the expanding boundaries of statistics, such as analytics and data science.
JSM also offers a unique opportunity for statisticians in academia, industry, and government to exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. Beginning statisticians (including current students) are able to learn from and interact with senior members of the profession.
*Indicates the founding societies of JSM