How to Participate in WSDS 2022
Interested in participating in WSDS 2022?
Session chairs serve as the main contact for the session with ASA staff and are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing presentations for length and visibility and discussing concerns with the ASA staff
- Encouraging speakers to upload their presentations in advance
- Checking the program and serving as the main contact for the session with ASA staff in case any changes need to be made (e.g., reordering of speakers within session, withdrawing a speaker, etc.)
- Ensuring speakers are on time and present for the session
- Introducing the speakers at the beginning of the session
- Making sure each speaker begins/ends at the time allotted
- Facilitating Q&A discussion after each presentation, including preparing questions in advance to spark discussion
- Encouraging attendees to fill out the online evaluation form
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com by September 1, 2022. Include your name and affiliation and indicate your preferred theme and/or session in the body of the message.
Note that requests are first come, first served and your response does not guarantee your acceptance or your preferred theme.