A topic-contributed session is planned in advance by one or more organizers and includes speakers presenting on a shared topic. Topic-contributed paper sessions consist of five speakers, made up of at least three presenters and, at most, two discussants; each speaker has 20 minutes to present.
A topic-contributed session proposal includes a session title, general description of the session, list of participants, and tentative talk titles.
To propose a topic-contributed session:
- Develop your idea and a list of speakers who agree to present on a common topic
- Submit your idea online from July 16, 2019 to August 15, 2019
- Await approval from a member of the ICES VI Program Committee
Not all proposed sessions will be accepted. Organizers will be notified of the status of their proposed session by September 10, 2019.
Once you decide on a session theme, shop your theme around with the people you know are active in the area. Once you have the required five committed speakers, you can submit your proposal online. The submission site will be open from July 16 to August 15, 2019.
For submission, have the following information ready:
- Session title
- Session description (i.e., topic relevance, innovativeness/contribution, diversity of presenters, and presentation information) of maximum 2000 characters with spaces
- Session format (five presenters; four presenters + discussant)
- For each presentation:
- presenter, including affiliation and email address
- tentative title
- description (maximum 2,000 characters with spaces)
- interest in submitting the contribution for consideration for publication in the ICES VI edited volume
- Discussant, including affiliation and email address
- Session organizer, including affiliation and email address
- Session chair, including affiliation and email address (can be same as organizer)