As the sixth in the series of international conferences on establishment statistics, ICES VI is designed to look toward key issues and methods pertaining to establishment statistics and research.
Invited sessions will last 100 minutes, including floor discussion. The session organizer may choose between the following two formats:
- Two papers (35 minutes each, or one longer and one shorter presentation) + discussant (15 minutes) + floor discussions (15 minutes)
- Three papers (25 minutes each) + discussant and floor discussions (25 minutes split among discussant and floor discussions)
There are a limited number of slots for invited sessions. Several factors are considered in the evaluation of session proposals, including relevance of the session topic, coherence and completeness of the proposal, innovation of the proposed methods, and diversity of the presenters in terms of international experience and types of organizations.
Organizers will be notified of the status of their proposed invited session by July 15, 2019.
If a proposal is not accepted as an invited session, the organizer is encouraged to resubmit the proposal as a topic-contributed session with four papers and a discussant.
Anyone can propose a session. Once you decide on a topic (for a list of suggested topics, see Amstat News), shop your topic around with the people you know are active in the area. Once you have a sufficient number of committed speakers, you can submit your proposal online. The submission site will be open from January 2, 2019, to June 13, 2019.
For submission, have the following information ready:
- Session title
- Session description (i.e., topic relevance, innovativeness/contribution, diversity of presenters, and presentation information) of maximum 2,000 characters with spaces
- Session format (two presenters + discussant; three presenters + discussant)
- For each presentation:
- presenter, including affiliations and email addresses
- tentative title
- description (maximum 2,000 characters with spaces)
- interest in submitting the contribution for consideration for publication in the ICES VI edited volume
- Discussant, including affiliation and email address
- Session organizer, including affiliation and email address
- Session chair, including affiliation and email address (can be same as organizer)
If you would like to organize a memorial session for a particular deceased person, please submit a proposal through the invited session online system. Include “Memorial” in the session title and indicate why a memorial session is appropriate in the program description. Note that the proposed presentations should be tied to the honoree’s body of work in some fashion. The discussant can present a tribute in lieu of a paper discussion. If you wish to submit a proposal for a memorial session after the June 13, 2019, deadline, contact the ICES VI Program Committee chairs Daniel Lewis or Jenny Thompson directly. Memorial submissions will be accepted on a space-available basis.