Roundtable discussion topics will be accepted January 21 – April 14, 2021.
When you submit a roundtable topic, you will be automatically considered the roundtable leader, so you cannot submit more than one roundtable discussion topic. Enter your name and contact information as the organizer and author. Note that if you have a co-author and/or organizer, they will not be automatically registered for the roundtable; you must contact ASA meetings for registration information.
To aid productive discussion, roundtables will take place in several rooms, organized by general theme/topic, on Wednesday, September 22. Each table will accommodate 8–10 participants. Please limit the number of speakers for each table to two.
The following are some guidelines for the roundtable leaders that will help ensure a successful session.
Prior to the Roundtable:
- Develop 3–4 key questions to prepare for a lively and focused discussion.
- Print handouts of the questions for the attendants.
During the Roundtable:
- Arrive at the table 5 minutes prior to the starting time.
- Distribute questions and handouts.
- Encourage participants to introduce themselves at the beginning: background and motivation for participating in the discussion. (Tip: Ask if anyone has specific questions to be asked at the beginning so they can be included with the pre-planned questions.)
- Encourage active participation of discussion from everyone.
- Moderate time to allow reasonable time for each planned question.
At the Conclusion of the Roundtable:
- Briefly summarize the discussion and thank all participants.