When you submit a roundtable topic, you will be automatically considered the roundtable leader, so you cannot submit more than one roundtable discussion topic. Enter your name and contact information as the organizer and author. Note that if you have a co-author and/or organizer, they will not be automatically registered for the roundtable; you must contact ASA meetings for registration information.
The following are some guidelines for the roundtable leaders that will help ensure a successful session.
Prior to the Roundtable:
- Develop 3–4 key questions to prepare for a lively and focused discussion.
- Create an electronic copy of the handouts to share.
During the Roundtable:
- Log in early to check your camera and microphone.
- Display questions and/or handouts.
- Encourage participants to introduce themselves at the beginning. (Tip: Ask if anyone has specific questions to be asked at the beginning so they can be included with the pre-planned questions.)
- Encourage active participation from everyone.
- Moderate time to allow reasonable time for each planned question.
At the Conclusion of the Roundtable:
- Briefly summarize the discussion and thank all participants.