These are small group talks with a discussion leader that occur in conjunction with breakfast or lunch, giving participants the opportunity to network while discussing a topic of interest.
Though most sections seek out discussion leaders for these, proposals are submitted online from early December to early February. Sections can accept or reject these proposals based on space and interest.
- Each roundtable can have up to 10 seats and 10 tickets, including the roundtable speaker. Participants must have a ticket to attend your roundtable.
- The number of seats at your table will be the number of tickets sold.
- As the roundtable presenter, a ticket is added to your registration automatically, paid for by the sponsoring section or society. If you pre-registered and received a mailing of registration materials (badge and tickets) that did not include your luncheon ticket, please stop by the Registration Desk to pick up your ticket. You will need a ticket to enter the session room.
- Arrive at the meeting room at least 10 minutes before the session begins to take care of last-minute details. Tables will be marked with a number (e.g., “1,” “2”) to designate where your roundtable will be located. For example, if you are the presenter of P.M. Roundtable ML08, you will sit at the table marked “8.” Once you are at your assigned table, there will be a tent card marked “Speaker,” and this is where you should sit.
- As participants arrive, introduce yourself and encourage them to begin eating.
- Start your discussion as you see fit during the time period, but end on time so participants can attend the sessions afterward.
- No AV is provided for the roundtables. You may bring your laptop, but electricity will not be provided.