A topic-contributed session reflects passion in statistics and related fields and is planned in advance by one or more organizers. It includes speakers presenting on a shared topic. Organizers of topic-contributed sessions must coordinate their efforts through the JSM Program Committee members.
Topic-contributed sessions can be:
- Papers: Five participants (at least 3 paper presenters and a maximum of 2 discussants)
- Panels: Three to six members providing commentary or a point of view on the panel topic
- Posters: Three to six posters on a given topic arranged in advance by an organizer
To propose a topic-contributed session:
- Develop your idea and a list of speakers who agree to present on a common topic.
- Submit your idea online between December 1, 2015, and January 14, 2016.
- Await approval from a member of the JSM Program Committee.
- Ensure all speakers submit individual abstracts from December 1, 2015, to February 1, 2016, using the six-digit session ID. Note: All speakers will be required to register for JSM prior to abstract submission.
- Talk to potential authors early as no participant can serve as a presenting author in more than one session.
Note: Not all proposed sessions will be accepted. Organizers will be notified of the status of their proposed session by January 20, 2016.
Opens: December 1, 2015
Closes: January 14, 2016
To submit a topic-contributed session proposal, you will need the following:
- Session Type (Topic-Contributed)
- Session Sub Type (Paper or Panel)
- Primary Sponsor (ASA Committee, ASA Section, Sponsoring Society). A pull-down screen with a pre-approved list is provided.
- Session title.
- Session Description:
- Session focus
- Content, timeliness, and appeal
- List of speakers/panelists
- Tentative title for each presentation
- Session format (e.g., chair, three speakers, and discussant). Individual abstracts will be required by February 1, 2016, if the proposed session is approved.
- Session chair, including affiliation, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Discussant (if any), including affiliation, address, telephone number, and email address.
Submit a Topic-Contributed Session Proposal