How to Participate in WSDS 2019
Would you like to participate in the Women in Statistics and Data Science Conference? Here’s your chance! Volunteer to be a session chair at WSDS 2019 in, Bellevue, Washington, this October.
The conference steering committee is seeking chairs for a limited number of sessions. Topics span the following three themes:
Session chairs serve as the main contact for the session with ASA staff and are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing presentations for length and visibility and discussing concerns with the ASA staff
- Encouraging speakers to upload their presentations in advance
- Checking the program and serving as the main contact for the session with ASA staff in case any changes need to be made (e.g., reordering of speakers within session, withdrawing a speaker, etc.)
- Ensuring speakers are on time and present for the session
- Introducing the speakers at the beginning of the session
- Making sure each speaker begins/ends at the time allotted
- Facilitating Q&A discussion after each presentation, including preparing questions in advance to spark discussion
- Encouraging attendees to fill out the online evaluation form
If you are interested, please email email@example.com by September 4, 2019. Include your name and affiliation and indicate your preferred theme and/or session in the body of the message.
Note that requests are first come, first served and your response does not guarantee your acceptance or your preferred theme.