Presentations may be given on any topic of statistical interest; however, authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the theme set by 2021 ASA President Rob Santos, “Statistics, Data, and the Stories They Tell.” Additionally, abstracts with a primary focus on statistical applications are encouraged.
Opens: March 16, 2021
Closes: April 29, 2021
Decision Due: May 17, 2021
To submit a session abstract, you will need the following:
- Session Type (Contributed)
- Session Subtype (Speed)
- Primary Sponsor (ASA Committee, ASA Section, JSM Sponsoring Society). A pull-down screen with a pre-approved list is provided.
- Abstract Title
- Abstract Text (1,200-character limit)
- Abstract Keywords
- Presenting author and co-author contact information. Please note, there can only be one presenting author. Accurate and unique email addresses are required for all authors or records may be merged.
For JSM 2021, presenters are able to use the following formats:
After You Submit
The presenting author listed on each abstract will be notified via email by May 12, 2021, of the following:
- Session number
- Date and time of session in which abstract has been programmed
- Contact information for session chair
- A web link to the preliminary online program
- A web link to where you can edit your abstract
- A web link to detailed information about your responsibilities as a JSM organizer, chair, discussant, speaker, panelist
- Draft manuscript deadlines
You may revise your abstract text, title, and keywords or add coauthors from March 16, through April 14, 2021, and June 15–30, 2021.
All session participants must confirm their involvement by registering for JSM by June 15, 2021. The registration fee is nonrefundable.
Proof of Progress
All presenters must send proof of a paper in progress to the appropriate JSM session chair by July 1, 2021. Proof of a paper in progress can be a draft manuscript, detailed outline, PowerPoint slides, etc. If you do not send the required proof, your paper may be deleted from the program and become ineligible for publication in the JSM Proceedings. This requirement applies to all contributed and topic-contributed speakers and invited sessions with discussants.