JSM (the Joint Statistical Meetings) is the largest gathering of statisticians and data scientists held in North America. It is held jointly with the:
- *American Statistical Association
- Casualty Actuarial Society
- The Caucus for Women in Statistics
- *International Biometric Society (ENAR and WNAR)
- International Chinese Statistical Association
- International Indian Statistical Association
- *Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis
- International Statistical Institute
- Korean International Statistical Society
- Royal Statistical Society
- *Statistical Society of Canada
It is also one of the broadest, with topics ranging from statistical applications to methodology and theory to the expanding boundaries of statistics, such as analytics and data science.
JSM also offers a unique opportunity for statisticians in academia, industry, and government to exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. Beginning statisticians (including current students) are able to learn from and interact with senior members of the profession.
*Indicates the founding societies of JSM