A topic-contributed session is planned in advance by one or more organizers and includes speakers presenting on a shared topic.
Topic-contributed sessions include papers, panels, and posters:
- Topic-contributed paper sessions consist of five speakers, made up of at least three presenters and, at most, two discussants; each speaker has 20 minutes to present.
- Topic-contributed panels consist of three to six members providing commentary or a point of view on the panel topic.
- Topic-contributed poster sessions have 10–15 participants with posters addressing a common topic.
A topic-contributed session proposal includes a session title, general description of the session, list of participants, and tentative talk titles.
To propose a topic-contributed session:
- Develop your idea and a list of speakers who agree to present on a common topic.
- Submit your idea online from November 12 to December 10, 2019.
- Await approval from a member of the JSM Program Committee.
- Ensure all speakers submit individual abstracts by February 4, 2020, using the six-digit session ID. Note: All speakers will be required to register for JSM prior to abstract submission.
- Talk to potential authors early, as no participant can serve as a presenting author in more than one session.
Note: Not all proposed sessions will be accepted. Organizers will be notified of the status of their proposed session by January 6, 2020.