ICES VI is designed to look forward to key issues and methods pertaining to establishment surveys. We invite you to submit proposals for demonstrations of software used in establishment surveys and statistics. Demonstrations should target live processing of data with possible customizations for the interest of specific audiences, rather than inflexible slide shows or presentations. Proposed software packages should already be in use on data from one or more establishment surveys. Appropriate uses might include the following:
- Producing statistics
- Creating and updating registers
- Questionnaire development
- Selection of samples and sample weighting
- Data collection methodology
- Automated data coding and variable transformations
- Calibration to administrative data or other benchmarks
- Data linkage, matching
- Modeling using survey data
- Use of big data with surveys
- Descriptive and complex statistical analyses
- Machine learning
- Survey management
- Measuring and mitigating nonresponse bias
- Estimation and variance estimation (e.g., small area) for standard and complex survey designs
- Advances in disclosure protection
- Making inference from survey data
- Visualizing data
The demonstrations will take place in a separate room during the concurrent sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday. They will be split into different groups, each with a dedicated half-day. Demonstrators will be provided with a projector and screen, tables, and chairs. They will provide their own computers and demonstration software and be able to arrange for internet connections.
Submission of software demonstration proposals begins August 20, 2019, and closes January 15, 2020. We invite you to submit your proposal today.
Proposals must include a description of the software package and potential applications. Participants are required to register for the conference and pay the registration fee. Members of the ICES VI Program Committee will review the proposals and notify all applicants by January 31, 2020, about whether their proposal has been accepted. Conference registration payment will then be due by February 28, 2020.