February 19 - 21, 2015
CSP in New Orleans, LA
Call for Practical Computing Demos
Practical Computing Demos
Proposal Submission July 1 - September 5
2015 CSP Practical Computing Demos will take place from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 21. A total of four rooms will be available for accepted demonstrations. For a reservation fee of $750, you will reach an audience specifically interested in your product or service. Your Practical Computing Demo will be included in the conference program and available to attendees at no additional cost.
How are Practical Computing Demos different than short courses and presentations in the parallel sessions?
- You may showcase your particular product or service at the Practical Computing Demo without focusing on teaching a specific statistical method. For example, you may present an overview of a software product or demonstrate its newest features or discuss the benefits of your particular style of consulting services. However, your presentation must be of value to attendees by expanding their statistical and/or software skills.
- At the Practical Computing Demo, you will reach an audience specifically interested in your software product or service and you will have an opportunity to help them better understand and use it.
- Information and sales brochures may be provided to attendees of your demo.
- You may provide snacks, drinks, or gift items to attendees of your demo.
- There will be no cost for conference attendees to come to the Practical Computing Demo. Your presentation will be open to all.
Each submission must include the following:
- Presentation title, abstract, presenter name(s) and affiliation(s)
- A brief discussion about how the presentation meets the goals of the conference, specifically how it will immediately help the participants do the following:
- Learn statistical techniques that apply to their job as an applied statistician
- Better communicate with their clients and customers
- Have a positive impact on their organization or enhance their professional development
- A brief description of the product or service to be demonstrated
Proposals will be accepted from July 1 through September 5, 2014. Presentations should be consistent with one or more of the conference themes found here.