How to Participate
Would you like to participate in the Women in Statistics and Data Science Conference? Here’s your chance—volunteer to be a session chair at WSDS 2017 in La Jolla, California, this October!
The conference steering committee is seeking session chairs for a limited number of sessions at the 2017 conference. Session topics span the following three themes:
Session chairs serve as the main contact for the session with ASA staff. Session chairs are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing presentations for length and visibility and discussing concerns with the ASA staff
- Encouraging speakers to upload their presentations in advance
- Checking the program and serving as the main contact for the session with ASA staff in case any changes need to be made (e.g., reordering of speakers within session, withdrawing a speaker, etc.)
- Ensuring speakers are on time and present for the session
- Introducing the speakers at the beginning of the session
- Making sure each speaker begins/ends at the time allotted
- Facilitating Q&A discussion after each presentation, including preparing questions in advance to spark discussion
- Encouraging attendees to fill out the online evaluation form
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com by August 24. Include your name and organization and indicate your preferred theme and/or session in the body of the message.
Note that requests are first come, first served and your response does not guarantee your acceptance or your preferred theme.