Student Travel Grant
The ASA Biopharmaceutical Section Regulatory-Industry Statistics Workshop has funding for student travel grants. Up to $500 per student, by reimbursement, is available to support students’ participation in the 2019 workshop.
To qualify, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time student registered toward a master’s or PhD degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field at a college or university when submitting the application
- Be an author who will present an accepted poster at the 2019 workshop
All recipients of the student travel grants are required to register for the workshop by the advance registration deadline of August 12, 2019.
Only complete applications will be considered. An application for a student travel grant requires the following:
- An abstract for poster presentation submitted via the ASA Biopharmaceutical Section Regulatory-Industry Statistics Workshop 2019 website by April 12, 2019
- An email to Kristin Mohebbi (email@example.com) with “Request for Student Travel Grant” in the subject line and the following details in the email by April 12, 2019
- Name and current affiliation (department and university name)
- Degree program enrolled (PhD or MS candidate)
- Proof of full-time status as a PhD or MS candidate in good academic standing at the given institution
- The final electronic poster submitted to Kristin Mohebbi (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 8, 2019
The student travel grant committee is composed of members from industry, the FDA, and academia. Committee members will review all posters in a blinded fashion. A maximum of 10 students will be awarded the travel grant. Final decisions will be communicated by ASA Meetings Planner Kristin Mohebbi.