January 27, 2014
Deadline for special requests for abstract submission/registration for U.S. government agencies
July 2 - July 17, 2014
Late Registration (increased fees apply)
Conference Information > Registration
Join the largest international gathering of statisticians in the world. Each year, the Joint Statistical Meetings offers cutting-edge presenters for five days of technical sessions, luncheons, roundtables, Continuing Education courses, computer technology workshops, and poster sessions. Attendees also enjoy networking during receptions, strolling through the exhibit hall, shopping at the Marketplace, and job-hunting at the Career Placement Service.
Registration is now closed. Please come to onsite registration
in Boston beginning 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, August 2.
Meeting Registration Fees
Fees include the program book, Opening Mixer, and Informal Dance Party.
Online access to the 2014 Proceedings (available in early 2015) also is included.
|Member* (ASA, ENAR, WNAR, IMS, SSC, ICSA, IISA, ISBA, KISS, RSS)||$500|
|New ASA Member (includes discounted first-year ASA dues; not available to renewing or recently lapsed members)||$625|
|Student Member* (full-time; certification required)||$95|
|Senior Member* (retired or over age 65)||$175|
|One-Day (onsite only)||$340|
* Must have an active membership in one of the sponsoring societies and indicate it on your registration where asked.
The ASA reserves the right to adjust member registration types to the nonmember type and charge the difference in rates if stated membership is not currently active. In such an event, you will first be notified and given the opportunity to update your membership.
Ticketed events have limited availability and therefore are subject to sell-out or cancellation. A list of all ticketed events still available is at http://www.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2014/addons.cfm.
|Guest (Allows admission to the Sunday Opening Mixer, Tuesday Night Dance Party, and the exhibit hall. Session attendance is not included.)||$50|
|Speaker Luncheons and PM Roundtables||$45|
|Computer Technology Workshops||$70||$70||$70|
|Personal Skills Development||$140-515||$140-680||$140-310|
PStat®, GStat, and A.Stat. Discounts on Professional Development Offerings
Accredited members in good standing with the ASA or SSC will receive a 20% discount on Professional Development (PD) courses and workshops.
To take advantage of this discount, check the appropriate box indicating your accreditation on the onsite registration form in Boston. Registration staff will verify your accreditation and apply the discount to your PD course.
To learn more about accreditation, please visit http://www.amstat.org/accreditation/index.cfm.
Important Registration Dates
- August 2 - 7, 2014: Onsite registration is open in Boston. Late registration prices continue.
Payment must accompany registration. Onsite registration will accept payment by credit card (Amex, Discover, Mastercard, Visa), checks (U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank), cash/travelers checks (U.S. dollars).
The ASA Federal ID is #53-0204661.
All cancellations and substitutions must be submitted in writing. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: (703) 684-2037; Mail: JSM Registration, ASA, 732 N. Washington St., Alexandria, VA 22314-1943
Registration fees for participants (speakers/panelists/discussants/chairs/organizers/poster presenters) are nonrefundable. Substitutions may be made at no penalty.
For general registrations and add-on items: Cancellations received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 29, 2014, incur a cancellation fee of 20% of each item cancelled. Cancellations received by 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 17, 2014, incur a cancellation fee of 40% of each item cancelled. Cancellations received after 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 17, 2014, will not be refunded.
Avoid Headaches! Plan Ahead!
- You can expect delays due to heavy volume near registration deadlines. Register early.
- To avoid multiple registrations and charges, only submit your registration ONCE. Please do not fax a registration that you have also submitted by mail.
- Know your organization's reimbursement policies before you register to avoid problems later.
- Payment must accompany registration; purchase orders are not accepted. Registrations received without payment will not be processed.
- Be sure to submit check requests to your organization in sufficient time to meet registration deadlines.
- Using a departmental credit card? Don't forget to obtain permission from the cardholder in advance of registration deadlines. Also, be clear about what you may charge to that card. The JSM Registration Department can assist you if you need to use multiple forms of payment.
If you have questions about registration or require assistance, please contact the JSM Registration Department at email@example.com or (888) 231-3473. We do not accept registrations by telephone or email.
ASA Emergency Contact for Travel Orders
Associate Executive Director/Director of Operations
American Statistical Association
732 North Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-1943
Phone: (703) 684-1221
Fax: (703) 684-8069