The following are guidelines for roundtable leaders that will help ensure a successful session.
Prior to the Roundtable:
- Develop 3–4 key questions to prepare for a lively and focused discussion.
- Print handouts of the questions for the attendants.
During the Roundtable:
- Arrive at the table five minutes prior to the starting time.
- Distribute questions and handouts.
- Encourage participants to introduce themselves at the beginning: background and motivation for participating in the discussion. (Tip: Ask if anyone has specific questions to be asked at the beginning, so they can be included with the pre-planned questions.)
- Encourage active participation from everyone.
- Allow reasonable time for each planned question.
At the Conclusion of the Roundtable:
- Briefly summarize the discussion and thank all participants.