Presentations may be given on any topic of statistical interest; however, authors are encouraged to submit papers on the theme set by 2022 ASA President Kathy Ensor, “Statistics: A Foundation for Innovation.” Additionally, abstracts with a primary focus on statistical applications are encouraged.
Opens: December 1, 2021
Closes: February 1, 2022
Decision Due: March 31, 2022
To submit a session abstract, you will need the following:
- Session Type (Contributed, Topic-Contributed*, Roundtable)
- Session Subtype (Paper, Speed, Poster, A.M. or P.M. Roundtable)
- Primary Sponsor (ASA Committee, ASA Section, JSM Sponsoring Society). A pull-down screen with a pre-approved list is provided.
- Abstract Title
- Abstract Text (1,200-character limit)
- Abstract Keywords
- Presenting author and co-author contact information. Please note, there can only be one presenting author. Accurate and unique email addresses are required for all authors or records may be merged.
- Note whether the abstract can be considered for alternate session subtypes. The program committee will not have space for all paper abstracts received. Acceptance is more likely if the presentation can be made in different session formats.
Presenters may elect to use one of the following formats:
Topic-Contributed* Paper or Panel
Roundtable Discussion (A.M. or P.M.)
*Session ID and organizer information required
After You Submit
The presenting author listed on each abstract will be notified via email by March 31, 2022, of the following:
- Session number
- Date and time of session in which abstract has been programmed
- Contact information for session chair
- A web link to the preliminary conference program
- A web link to where you can edit your abstract
- A web link to detailed information about your responsibilities as a JSM organizer, chair, discussant, speaker, panelist, or poster presenter
- Draft manuscript deadlines
- Speaker Ready Room information
You may revise your abstract text, title, and keywords or add coauthors from December 1, 2021, through February 1, 2022, and March 31, 2022, through April 14, 2022.
Proof of Progress
All presenters must send proof of a paper in progress to the appropriate JSM session chair by May 31, 2022. Proof of a paper in progress can be a draft manuscript, detailed outline, PowerPoint slides, etc. If you do not send the required proof, your paper may be deleted from the program and become ineligible for publication in the JSM Proceedings. This requirement applies to all contributed and topic-contributed speakers and invited sessions with discussants.