ASA Task Force on Sexual Harassment and Assault
- Assess the extent of sexual harassment/assault in the ASA community
- Review surveys used by other professional organizations to assess the prevalence of sexual harassment/assault;
- Develop a survey to administer to the ASA membership to assess the frequency, location and kinds of harassment/assault occurring;
- ASA leadership to distribute the survey to ASA membership
- Summarize the findings from the survey
- Review the current best practices of professional organizations and academic institutions with respect to sexual harassment/assault.
- Consider creation of a resource that allows victims of sexual harassment and assault to anonymously receive support.
- Make recommendations to the ASA Board of Directors regarding sexual harassment/assault policy changes for the organization.
Approved by the ASA Board of Directors November 17, 2017