Information for Session Chairs
As a session chair, we ask you to do the following:
- Reviewing presentations for length and visibility and discussing concerns with the ambassador from the steering committee.
- Encouraging speakers to upload their presentations in advance.
- Checking the program and serving as the main contact for the session with ASA staff in case any changes need to be made (e.g., reordering of speakers within session, withdrawing a speaker, etc.).
- Ensuring speakers are on time and present for the session.
- Introducing the speakers at the beginning of the session.
- Making sure each speaker begins/ends at the time allotted.
- Facilitating Q&A discussion after each presentation, including preparing questions in advance to spark discussion.
- Encouraging attendees to fill out the online evaluation form.
Review the chair checklist for more information.