Claremont Graduate University's WISE Project's
Statistical power for a one-sample z test applet
Simple Instructions for using the power applet
- Click on a Text Field Label for HELP. Click again to remove
- To move the hypthesized alternative distribution, click on
the distribution and drag.
- To increase sample size, the n thermometer can be used with
the mouse. Click on a desired height in the n thermometer to
change the sample size.
- Clicking on the power thermometer will change the sample
size by 1. If the mouse click is above the level of power, sample
size will be increased by 1. If the mouse click is below the power level
sample size will be decreased by 1.
To enter data into a text field:
- Erase the old field information
- Enter the new values for that field
- Press return. If you do not press return, the field will
not be updated with the new value.