- Application for SRMS Student Travel Awards to attend the Joint Statistical Meetings 2018 is now available. The travel award includes an $825 cash award to cover the travel expenses to JSM, and also covers the cost of one year ASA and SRMS membership.
- To encourage the submission of posters, SRMS will again offer the annual contributed poster competition with prize money for the winner.
- The Survey Research Methods, Government Statistics, and Social Statistics Sections are pleased to announce 2018 student paper competition. Winning papers are presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings 2018. Approximately five awards will be granted. A subsidy of at least $1100 is provided to each winner to cover JSM 2018 expenses. Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST, December 15, 2017.
- Application for the Edward C. Bryant Scholarship is now available. Each year, an outstanding graduate student in survey statistics is awarded the Edward C. Bryant Scholarship to help support the student's graduate education. Application deadline is March 1, 2018. The award will be presented at the 2018 Joint Statistical Meetings.
- Check out the January 2018 issue of the SRMS newsletter.
We are pleased to announce that the online edition of
the Proceedings of the Survey Research Methods
Section of the American Statistical Association
(1978-2017) is now available.
We would like to thank the following companies for donating money to support SRMS activities at JSM 2017
- Westat for helping to support student travel awards
- RTI for sponsoring 3 speed session awards
- Marketing Systems Group for sponsoring 3 poster session awards
We were a Silver Sponsor for the Diversity Mentoring Program at JSM 2017.
To become a member of the SRMS, you must be a member of the ASA. When applying for the ASA membership, select “Survey Research Methods” from the “Choose Your Section(s)” list. If you are already a member of the ASA, then login to your member’s only page and click the “Add Additional Chapter or Section” button.
Small Area Estimation and Other Topics of Current Interest in Surveys, Official Statistics, and General Statistics: A Celebration of Professor Danny Pfeffermann's 75th Birthday
June 16 - 18, 2018, Shanghai, China.
Joint Statistical Meetings 2018
July 28 - August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
October 25 - 27, 2018, Barcelona, Spain.